Wednesday, March 23, 2022

The Leadership Conference

So I'm supposed to be at the Omni Hotel downtown for our company Leadership conference and I'm supposed to be there by 8:30. And it's supposed to last all day too. At least until 3:30 PM. This makes me have to do a bunch of adjustments today from the moment I woke up. Note: FIRST OF ALL, I woke up to pee at 4 PM and guess what. Again with the blood in the pee. But this time I clearly saw a foreign object come out. And that had carried blood with it. I know this because there was hardly any for starters. And the urine was clear right after it. And so I took a pair of tweezers and tried to get it at the bottom of the toilet bowl. Had to dip my hand in my own pee to do it. It was a small object, kind of like a scab. Or is this what kidney stones are? Either way I was far calmer about this. This does not look like it's some life-threatening thing. I would venture to say the session I did before going to sleep - the RELEASE program from the Healy Gold collection - might have had something to do with it actually. I looked in the web again. And this time I see articles on passing blood clots that more than likely come from the urethra. And are mostly harmless, especially if there is no pain associated.  That is more like it. I know I reacted pretty strongly when this happened 3 weeks ago. Today, I would just as soon shrug it off. At the very least, I feel like I didn't have good sleep although the Fitbit says I had decent sleep at least. Oh well I had to get up early anyway to take a shower. And then when Johnnie got done with breakfast we took off early so I could pick up MY breakfast at Whole Foods before I dropped Johnnie off. It saved time so I could leave from the Westside as early as possible. It worked too. I got to the Hotel by 8:20. As far as the conference went, it actually turned out pretty good I thought. These things tend to have different effects on different people. For me, I considered myself pretty mature as a leader/manager. And still I learned something. I learned about Accountability and how enabling people that are otherwise not productive is contributing to lowering our Accountability score as an organization.  Calling people out gently has never been my strong suit. I guess I have to try to learn.
So the conference got done by 3 PM and I was fighting traffic to get home by 3:30. I focused on getting my steps in. I did not do much while sitting down for the bulk of the day until the conference was over. There really wasn't any urgency since I didn't have to pick up Johnnie until 4:30. And so I enjoyed what had turned out to be a warm afternoon by doing my steps. It was 80s warm all day apparently and I welcomed the hotter than usual trend. I picked up Johnnie, got him in front of his computer by 5 PM and got him started with his Spanish class. Today's session was cool because his teacher got him to learn the first song he had ever learned: Daddy finger daddy finger where are you. Man I remember when Johnnie would sing that song over and over when he was first starting to speak actual sentences. Now he's singing it in Spanish and I was tickled to see and hear all of that. When he got done we started pizza night. These days I make the pizza at home since I have to do a cauliflower crust for me. Johnnie gets the regular pizza crust. And he ate almost the entire personal pizza too. Anyway with that I just wanted to chill the rest of the evening. I am now taking the expelling of that object with a little blood in it to be just that, an expulsion of something my body was trying to get rid of.  And I was no longer afraid and I was pretty sure I was not sick. Quite the opposite actually. By expelling stuff, my body is actually on a healing path already. And that is very very good. Of course Johnnie had to watch Hiccup and Toothless and the rest of the Dragon Rescue Riders. I actually sat and watched with him for a bit, reminding myself that it is this time slot if you will that I get to spend with Johnnie. Why would I sit myself in front of the computer away from him? And he and I hand wrestling on the couch and then with Claire too felt like a natural activity. I was about to go to bed early until I get a ping from Eloisa. We're supposed to continue the Leadership get-together tomorrow again at 8:30 but this time at E3. I was ready to duplicate this morning. But the message was that the meeting was starting at 9:30 instead of 8:30. Cool 

No comments:

Post a Comment