Saturday, March 5, 2022

Satuday Johnnie Day

So today is a Lisa work day. Which means it's an all-day Johnnie day for me. It's one of those weeks where I get to see him 6 out of the 7 days and I couldn't be more pleased. He was waiting for me when I got to Lisa's house albeit he wasn't dressed yet and I actually got a late start because I stayed up watching Ozark last night until the wee hours of the morning. I gotta stop doing that. By the time I got there, Lisa was already leaving. And so off she went to work and off we went to Elysee for breakfast, per Johnnie's choice. It's cool that even after all these years, there are still people there that recognize him and even those behind the counter still give him a free cookie. This after I told him not to expect it actually. And he gets it. That's the magic of Johnnie. And so we already had a pretty good morning with our scrambled eggs and sausage breakfast, his fresh-squeezed which he spille more than half of. At least I controlled myself from getting too mad. I mean he gets into PLAY MODE and he's swinging Fuzzy wildly he was bound to hit something. Sigh. It's like Johnnie knows I'm not his mom and I don't get wild mad and so he just smiles at me seconds later and we've moved on.  That's the magic of Johnnie. In the meantime, with him being with me all day, I had to figure out some activity we could do so he doesn't park himself in front of the TV all day. Can you imagine, Lisa would probably go agro if she knew he'd be watching Dragon Rescue Riders for a couple of hours and perhaps more! The way I see it, it sort of evens out from the stuff he DOESN'T get to watch with Lisa for the rest of the weekend LOL. And even before that, we're at Target Westwood. Had to pick up food staples for the week. AND THEN we went home to watch... HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON together. I informed Johnnie that this movie was what his Dragon Rescue Riders was based off of. And I think he did like it although it was far more adult-ish or older boy-ish than Dragon Rescue Riders. After that, lunch was chicken strips from Jack-in-the-Box for him. and a sour dough burger for me. Anyway I also posted a video of him giving me a dissertation on one of the characters of the show.  It is when he does that that I get the most amused.  
In the middle of all that, I did manage to knock off for about an hour. I don't know what Johnnie did in that hour actually, other than I did hear him ask me questions every now and again and I was half-asleep maybe.  All I know was that when I did wake up, he had a nice list of all the dragons in the show, what type they were, what they did, and their names even. Yep, he completed a dossier of all the dragon characters. He managed to amuse himself while dad was asleep! And later on he started to ride his scooter around the house. I don't know what M&M I could point to for he and I for the day, I could easily say the dessert at Elysee most likely since it would be something he will remember for sure for later on. This is one day that he is with me for all 3 meals actually and for dinner, it was back to Panda Express West LA. He did want to take the food back just so he could squeeze out some more TV time. I got a call around 5 PM from Lisa, upset that she wasn't going to make her COVID vaccine booster appointment tonight. Most of us would just up and go since it takes all of 20 minutes really. But not Lisa, she had to go on and on about hating the booster stuff. I had to point out to her that she wasn't really mad at the booster, she was anxious that she hadn't finished her work. Well duh. I told her to simply focus on that and she would be less angry. And then she can figure out when she would be able to do her booster again.  As it was I dropped Johnnie off around 8 PM at her house. On the drive there I gave a quiet thought of gratitude that I got to spend the entire day with Johnnie. Lisa was already home and planning breakfast with Melissa and Simon, her neighbors. It was all good. I said hi and then went on back and watched the Lakers with an unexpected win against the Golden State Warriors! And then UCLA beat USC in the last basketball game of the Pac-12 regular season. On to March Madness! I was planning on a relaxed rest of Saturday evening. Except... <see next post>

No comments:

Post a Comment