Sunday, August 7, 2022

Back To Normal

I hadn't had good sleep all week long and last Friday night was just ridiculous. But last night I finally FINALLY caught up. Sleep stats were good and I felt rested when I woke up this morning. It was as if all that physical drama from early Saturday morning was cleaned up and cleared up. And great timing too because it IS golf Sunday after all. If I can make it through golf in the morning, and enjoy the game what problems do I have really? Of course, that would also involve playing well and I can hold on to those first 2 holes last week at Roosevelt as the most recent examples of WHAT TO DO. I did well because I was not in my own head. Simple as that. Put out the intention of having a good game, of playing well hole by hole, and let it go. Let us see how I do today. It looked like it was going to be a typical hot summer morning but then again we're at Penmar so I just made myself a water bottle with lemon juice. I also had a nice breakfast already at home, which is the luxury when we're playing at Penmar. I can easily whip up a couple of eggs, make myself some pineapple juice, good to go. And so on to the game. The first hole at Penmar sets the tone always. And I already have the history of shooting pars on this first hole. We were paired up with 3 guys who were pretty good, at least no worse than I was, one who looked like he took it real seriously, with the laser rangefinder and all LOL. Me, I just hit the ball. The goal is always to be on the green in 3 or less, at least to be in the vicinity of the green in 2. First hole I hit a decent drive, put my fairway drive way left but still just 15 yards from the green. I hit a bump and run that got on the green, 15 feet away. A make-able par putt. And I barely missed. Bogey on hole 1. 2nd hole, I was again on the green in 3, but with a much longer par putt. I turned that into a 3-putt. Hole 3, I got another bogey with a beautiful bump and run chip on the 3rd shot. Hole 4, another great drive and on the fringe in 2, easily on the green in 3, missed the par putt. I wasn't missing by a lot, but I WAS missing. Hole 5 I was on in 2 again. And 3-putted my way to a double bogey. Hole 6, another great drive, but a misplayed fairway mis-hit turned into a 7. Hole 7 another good drive, another bad fairway hit. Still on a bad program now. Scott in the meantime hits a birdie on 8 and a par on 9 to salvage a really good game. I started well, but couldn't break through. Oh well, back to normal LOL 
After the golf I sat down at Crimson to have lunch and at least tried to relish moments in the game. Standing in the shade, laughing and feeling a cooling breeze in my face. I did have my moments during the game, but they were just moments. The key is to STRING GOLF MOMENTS TOGETHER. Anyway here I was after golf enjoying what would have been a usual lunch at Crimson 6 months ago. Salmon kabobs over rice and a yellow lentil soup. I stopped doing this because I stopped eating rice for the last 6 months. Now that I ok'd eating more carbs, I can enjoy it again. And enjoy it I did. I didn't eat all the rice, which is really the key. Just not eat as much carbs as before. And totally take out sugar still. I sat there at least feeling gratitude that I had played golf today, good, bad, or indifferent and retro'd back to last year when I wasn't so concerned with anything physically. Or at least not with any urinary system issues. I went home feeling good and feeling like I could continue rest and relaxing the rest of Sunday away. After all, on retrospect it WAS a pretty busy and active week last week. And despite having the day off yesterday from an activity standpoint, <=0 active minutes> I still managed to finish at 78,000+ steps for the week and over 500+ active minutes. Definitely not sedentary. In fact, today I picked it right back up with over 90 active minutes already. Yep, back to normal. Normal was kicking my feet up and watching the Dodgers blow out the Padres for the 3rd consecutive game, completing a sweep. Normal was making myself a cauliflower crust pizza with bacon, pepperoni, pineapple and real mozzarella cheese. Yeah, I think I can have dairy every once in a while too. I think I was keto-ing myself too much. I did read that if you're doing this keto thing, you should go no more than 6 months before re-introducing some carbs in my diet. Guess what, I started doing it in March. It has now been pretty much 6 months. So time to add more carbs in my diet again. And start eating meat again too. What I didn't realize was that ketosis leads to higher incidences of dehydration. So yes, I was probably way off balance on the other side of stuff. And now I need to balance again. That is the key to everything of course: BALANCE. So it was that I ended up having a restful weekend. My body needed it apparently. I'm all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment