Saturday, June 4, 2022

Restful Saturday

So today is one of those Saturdays where Lisa isn't working and she and Johnnie are hanging out with the grand folks. All that to say it's a Saturday where I am Johnnie-free. Used to be these Saturdays I would be invited to breakfast, but not as of late and that's actually ok. After all, I will be honest, it's the time spent with Johnnie that I  really look forward to. Lisa, it depends on what space her head is at. She might be ok, OR she could be her narcissistic self. In which case, I am more than happy to just be out of her space. Anyway, this morning I called to make sure Johnnie was in time for his Spanish class. Again, I know full well Lisa is trying to lallygag her way through Saturday and simply doesn't pay attention to the time. I set up this appointment so I want to make sure he does his class on time. WE are never late. But then of course he's not on my watch is he... In the meantime, I do have an appointment at 1:30 at Yo-San  Clinic. It's a school for Chinese Medicine 5 minutes from Lisa's house, across the street from Ekkamai Thai, one of my favorites. I figured I'd try Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture for my supposedly enlarged prostate. I'd rather do that and let that run its course than do the Western medicine way of cutting things open to find pathology. Especially these days when I am leaning heavily towards energy medicine rather than traditional stuff. Besides I remember actually coming to Yo-San almost 20 years ago the first time I had Bells Palsy. I tried acupuncture then. And although it did work I'm not really sure how much the acupuncture contributed to that healing  Maybe all of it, maybe none of it. But it DID get better. I DO KNOW that if I am to ever live my life - the rest of it anyway - embracing myself as the energy being that I am, more than just my physical self, well then I also have to get used to alternative means of healing myself. I like the sound of that... healing myself. 
So about the procedure itself... first of all of course Yo-San had changed since I was last here. It had been almost 20 years after all.  I chose to have a session with an advanced student. Someone in their Masters program, someone close to being a graduate. I thought that would be good enough, and I simply thought that it's not the title, it's the person. The person I did get was fairly young. And pregnant. And when she did her intake, the comment she made was that I was the most normal person she had ever seen, at least from a health perspective. Even the BP came in at 130/80 which, though elevated by normal standards, was already pretty good to me since the last time someone in a medical office took it 2 months ago, it was higher than that. Never mind that I now average 120/70 these days when at rest. And so on to the acupuncture session. I closed my eyes and felt the needles going on. I felt them on my hands and on my right hand I actually got a bit of a jolt, meaning she hit the nerve. It wasn't painful, just that it was like dealing with. a funny bone the rest of the session. I felt the needles on my feet, behind my knees, and then my stomach. And I just chilled for a while. I think she came back after 10 minutes. She asked me if I wanted to rest some more and so I did another 10 minutes. And then that was it. Wait, that was it? I got some herbs at the front paid $66 for the whole thing and I was done. Did I feel anything? Not until about an hour later and then I started to feel a little tired. It is probably some kind of healing process. I felt the same way the first time I did the Healy. I did grocery shopping at Sprouts right after, replenished my keto-ish paleo food supplies, my shiratake noodles, my seafood and then I went on home. Watched the first episode of the new version of the Orville. I remember it used to be my favorite way back in 2019. I didn't do 10,000 steps today. I figured it was ok to rest. I was already at 70000 steps for the week anyway with golf still to come tomorrow. I will call this my REST and RECOVERY, HEALING Saturday. All good.

No comments:

Post a Comment