Saturday, June 25, 2022

Narcissist Alert

 

So this morning I knew Lisa was in the middle of her own shit again last night, something I more than likely triggered. And it was 50-50 whether she would still be in the same space this morning. She will either have forgotten about it... OR ... I would still be on her shit space somehow. And so I spent time to put energetic shields around myself this morning and then headed off to pick up Johnnie. True enough Lisa was still being Lisa. Only this time she told me she was upset with me. The trigger was asking her for money for the dog's groomer that I am taking her to this morning. And apparently telling her that I'm clocking out and handing off Johnnie. Stuff I said is STILL triggering her. And so I put up this video as a remembrance that it would be impossible for me to treat her like I would treat anyone. She IS a narcissist and I AM the target she has chosen for her anger. I will always be. And so the best thing I could do when she is picking a fight is not to engage. Not to give her rage any power.  Hard to do because my own ego keeps coming up trying to win the argument. That is the work I need to keep doing on myself. 

Key things to say: I AM SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY.
or. I GUESS I HAVE TO ACCEPT HOW YOU FEEL.
YOUR ANGER IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY.
I DON'T THINK I WANT TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS ANYMORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment