Sunday, February 27, 2022

Altadena

We haven't played the Altadena course in a while. Months I would say. I don't know why really other than before, Chris used to not like playing there. But he hasn't played with us in months too. Me being the sentimental sap that I am, I do remember the Altadena course was the only one open during the first year of the pandemic and therefore we played there practically every weekend for a while. And so I was actually looking forward to today's game as familiar as I am with the course. Not that THAT would help my game any LOL LOL. Actually, I wanted to see if the patterns would continue, that is to hit the ball well off the tee and then get to within 100 yards of the green and then proceed to somehow not do as well from that short a distance. First off, it was another beautiful Sunday and it had gotten even warmer today. And also, it was just Scott and I that played. We didn't get paired up with anyone, which assured me we were going to get done quickly. That was always the attraction with Altadena. if we got started around 9, We would sometimes get done by 11 even. And so it was that we had a 9 AM tee time today. To cut a long story short, the pattern of myself hitting well off the tee did continue. As in I had a pretty good tee shot every single hole except the short Hole 6. I would have a shitty tee shot on the shortest hole on the course. That too is a pattern from Penmar I think. When I almost had a par on the first hole I thought I would have a good game. And I followed that with another bogey on the 2nd hole too. Third hole I was in the sand in 2 but on the green in 3 and then 3-putted for a 6. THAT is the pattern I needed to work on. Finally on the longest Hole 4 I had a whiff right after a nice drive. THAT is a pattern too. Still I was within 120 yards in 3. And then 2 short chips later I turned a bogey into a 7. It was at this time that I felt a little low on energy. How is that? I think I was in a relaxed state waking up I noticed my brainwaves were still fairly low on the drive to the course. As in I felt tired. But then again that could simply be because I binge-watched TV until past 1 AM last night isn't it? Hole 5 was the most typical hole. A nice long drive, a nice follow-up just on the fringe. And then I blew the chip well past the hole into the back fringe. And then rolled the next shot past the hole again. It could have would have should have been a par. I settled for a 6. At least I had a nice hole on 8 with a bogey. I did not have any pars today. And I really didn't play that badly. Just another Sunday eh? At least it was a nice one. And we were done by 11:15. On my way home I decided to get off the freeway downtown. I figured if I felt like having salmon kabobs for lunch, why not get them from Panini Grill downtown? It would cost just as much as Crimson in Santa Monica, with more food. And so it was that the excursion downtown took a little more time since there was actually traffic right in downtown. At least I got to shop at Ralphs across the street from Panini while I waited for my lunch. And I was home by 12:15 anyway. The rest of Sunday I alternated between the couch and an attempt at a nap, and cleaning up finally. Actually I did get my kitchen floors done but not much more than that and that's OK. I did manage to make myself dinner before that... a nice cilantro and lime chicken breast from Ralphs that was on sale for less than $5! I was probably fine eating just that and more cucumber salad. But then I had a hankering to clean out my fridge and make those cook-it-yourself croissants that had been sitting in there for months. Together with the tomato basil soup that had also been sitting in the pantry for a couple of months too. And so I had soup and croissant as well. Plenty of food tonight. And got to clean stuff out as well. It was a nice Sunday and all in all a quietly calm weekend. Which I would take any time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment