Sunday, January 23, 2022

Nice Warm Sunday

It was supposed to be a warmer day than normal today and it did not disappoint. Perfect day to play golf in the morning. When I woke up this morning, I thought to myself it would be a great day if I had a nice golf game and if the Rams beat the Buccaneers in the NFC Divisional game later on today. So I posted a pic of me getting to Roosevelt Golf Course pretty early courtesy of the 2 Fwy route which got me there in under 25 minutes, with my bacon egg and cheese McGriddle and Earl Grey hot tea in my hand. Scott took his time getting there but who's checking LOL. I just had my breakfast, sat in the picnic area and watched other golfers tee off.  Today we were paired up with a Korean couple who claimed they were new to the game and just learned it just this past summer. The way they hit off the first tee, I'm not sure I actually buy that but hey, I blasted my first tee shot 200 yards and a bit off to the left too. And even though I shanked my 2nd shot, and my 3rd shot overshot the pin and went OB, I made a spectacular 25 foot putt to get my par! YES! See what confidence does for you? It's like I EXPECT to make par on the first hole of any of the courses we play now. Now as far as the rest of the game... That's what the 2nd pic was about. On that hole (Hole 5) I blasted a great tee shot straight down and past the sand trap but again overshot the pin on the next shot. I still should have hit par but I missed the putt and got a bogey. That's how 6 out of the 8 holes after the first one went actually. Even on the bad 2nd hole, I had a nice recovery 2nd shot to end up right on the base of the hill to the pin. But muffed the chip. I got a bogey on hole 3, A 6 on hole 4 even though I was already on in 3. Missed par putts on Hole 6 and 7 even though I was on in 2 as well. And on 8, I just lost focus even though my 2nd shot was already on the fringe and a mere 25 feet from the pin. And THEN on the last hole, even from the black tees, Scott and I both deposited our first shots right on the green! Then I had to chase the ball of one of our partners that went clear out of bounds and down the hill to the rattlesnake area. In doing so, I tweaked something. My back started to twitch. And I lost focus and did a 3-putt to finish what should have been a par at worst. At least Scott got his par and then we took a selfie for the Greg hole and went on home. Hey it turned out to be a nice day and I really couldn't complain about my play. So part 1 done. I went home and made myself lunch, only because there were do many leftovers in the fridge. I cooked up some turkey bolognese albeit it tasted like taco meat. And did pasta lunch AND a couple of burrito/quesadilla combos. That worked just fine. I should have taken a nap too. I started to feel spasms in my upper and lower back when I got out of the car on the way home. Was I just simply dehydrated from the heat? Or did I really simply exert myself more than usual? What? Playing golf? Naah... Anyway, I knew full well the RAMS game was going on, but I couldn't bear to watch it. I did see snippets from ESPN being sent to my iPad via notification. I was determined not to watch until it was nearly over. When I did, the Rams were up 14 points with 4 mins to go. And then 3 minutes later, expecting to see the final seconds tick off, I had to watch Tom Brady, Mr GOAT himself lead an improbable comeback to tie the game with less than a minute to play. Sigh. Is this going to be like the 49er game from 2 weeks ago? They had that game won I thought. Fortunately, with 42 seconds left, I watched Matt Stafford hit 2 straight passes to Cooper Kupp and then the kicker hit a game-winning walk-off field goal. YES!! Rams to the NFC Championship game next week! Part 2 done. It was already a heck of a day. And it was only 5 PM. I just chilled the rest of the way. Didn't feel like cooking, didn't feel like doing anything. Just got dinner from Chipotle. And watched NFL post-game. It's me doing the self-care thing. And preparing for next week's work week...

No comments:

Post a Comment