Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Just An Ordinary Wednesday

It's a Wednesday and so I remember when this day used to be my busiest day of the week. Not anymore I don't think. In fact, although I had 2 meetings lined up today, one got done quickly and that was my team meeting anyway. And then the other one got cancelled, leaving the bulk of the day pretty much free for me to do what I will. And today that meant leaving any sense of urgency behind. And so you will forgive me if I post a video of myself making lunch. For myself. And doing it to Coldplay's Sky Full of Stars, my favorite song from Sing 2. That would be as light-hearted as I could get myself and it felt good. And I enjoyed a pretty good lunch to boot. And then I followed that up with watching this week's episode of Boba Fett. That itself was a treat because it wasn't really an episode of Boba Fett. For this episode, we return to Din Djarin. The Mandalorian himself back to bounty hunting. I'm not sure where this is going to go but hey it was great to see a thread to the old Mandalorian a la the MCU when storylines begin to weave together. Could another appearance by Luke Skywalker be on tap? Anyway it did feel like a very relaxed Wednesday afternoon and I rode that feeling of ease all the way to picking up Johnnie at school. I keep telling myself this is rehearsal for when I'm actually doing this all the time and not having to worry about job stuff, QueensCare stuff anymore. And I can't wait for that actually.
Now as far as part 2 of Wednesday, which is to say the part that starts when I pick up Johnnie from school, he didn't want pizza tonight. That's ok with me too. He actually wanted me to go pick up my dinner at El Pollo Loco so that he could have some churros himself. That worked for me too, since I already have broth and penne pasta in the fridge for HIS dinner. And so it was that it was a sort of 'usual family night Arnel style' this evening. Johnnie following up almost a full bowl of penne pasta with ice cream and snacks. I swear I do not know where that kid puts all that food! Or maybe it's because he eats such a meager lunch in comparison.  And then the dog joins us for some play and then Johnnie and I horseplay on the couch. I swear his punches on my stomach are something I feel these days where as before I wouldn't even know that he did. Now I better be careful and protect myself or I could get hurt! It was notable to me that this was around the time that we - and I use the term "we" rather loosely - got Claire the dog. And also on a sad note, this was also the day 2 years ago when we lost Kobe Bryant to a helicopter crash up in the Santa Clarita foothills. The sadness of that time frame is still something I remember. And then who can forget when we couldn't decide whether to take Claire to the vet emergency room because she hadn't really learned how to eat our food just yet and was throwing up and pooping at the same time! These days Lisa asks me if I was glad I had a dog. I wouldn't say I'm 1000% glad, but I've learned to be ok with it. Not like with Johnnie where I was all in 1000% from Day 1. And to this day when he goes to bed and I tell him "love you J-Bug" and he says "love you back Daddy-bug", I know my world is right. It may have been a simple, ordinary Wednesday. But you know, I love those to pieces anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment