Thursday, December 15, 2022

The FRB Holiday Party

It's Thursday and as Thursdays go, it isn't supposed to be all that busy. No different today really although I'm supposed to be at FRB by 10 AM. But not for work, not really. It's our FRB holiday party and gift exchange today. Before I do that, I dropped Johnnie off at school, noting that it is the last time I'm dropping him off for 2022. Is that all that significant? Not really. Just time marking is all. He still has tomorrow before his 3-week winter break and for him at least, there's all kinds of last days of school stuff going on. Today it's a pizza party at STAR. Tomorrow, another pizza party for his class. I noted to myself that I'm still going to need to pick him up by 3:30 today because he has Spanish class. But the real big to-do of course was the potluck and gift exchange. I got to the FRB by 10 AM because I even had a meeting prior to all the festivities. And then when Noriel brought our IT Department contribution to the potluck, which was a large tray of panic, it was game on. At first it didn't look like there was going to be enough main course dishes for the 40 or so people that made it. But in the end everything worked out. There turned out to be plenty of food <see my plate in the pics below> and the gift exchange provided one of the funniest moments of the YEAR!! That being Greg who sat next to me, taking a ceramic salt and pepper shaker as his gift, and then Lito who sat behind me taking a look at it, dropping and breaking the thing. You couldn't make this up. Greg's present breaking right in front of him and right in front of me. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt way later on. But it was a fun time and I was glad I came. Pictures below.










No comments:

Post a Comment