Thursday, December 8, 2022

Busier Thursday Than Usual

How did I end up with so many meetings today. No less than 5 all throughout the day, starting with the OCHIN meeting that I had a sense would have some tension only because Marina and Dr Liao are attending and I will say they just like jabbing people in the ribs without really having enough of an understanding. Yes I will say that too. They're good with checking in on deadlines but they aren't really interested in the story so much as the deadline. That might not be a fair assessment but I said it anyway. And I'm aware I am projecting something less desirable. I figured I had the day covered in meditation first thing this morning anyway. As in I was going to have a good day regardless. AND during said meditation, I became aware of an anniversary today. Today 8 years ago in 2014, Lisa brought Johnnie home. Which is why I posted the contrasting pic of him from that day and him today when I dropped him off at school. Never should I forget how lucky I am that I get to be his dad. And I don't think I will lose sight of the fact that THAT is the most important thing in the world to me. And how much laughter we share on a daily basis from the moment he gets up out of bed to the moment I tell him I LOVE HIM when he goes to sleep. So many emotions automatically bubbled to the surface from around that 2014 time frame. I remind myself we were going live with EPIC too. What a time.
I managed to make it through that EPIC meeting relatively unscathed, and then the meeting with the Virginia HCCN folks, which turned out to be a meeting with Blue Novo was refreshingly good. How many times do you get to meet with a CEO of a healthcare tech company and get a compliment. I think he was trying to figure out why I would do this for free. He invited me to Park Place Korean BBQ next time he's out in LA. So that was something huh? I had thoughts of maybe working for an outfit like that for $100 an hour. Nahh, I don't want to be traveling all over the country anymore. Not with Johnnie in the house. But hey I made it to lunch and then I did my EHR team meeting and then the Penelope implantation meeting. I felt like I had a VERY productive day. By the time all my work stuff got done it was already almost 4 PM. On a usual Thursday, I would be picking up Johnnie and then we'd be doing Spanish class and waiting for the Lisa hand-off. Except that Lisa threw me a curve yesterday and scheduled Johnnie for a consult on that pus-filled sac that we dealt with on his neck since last month. We don't even know what's causing that really except that it looks like a pimple. The curve was that Lisa wanted to pick Johnnie up early for an equally early appointment. Which meant I had to cancel Spanish class. So instead picking up Johnnie, I dropped off all his stuff and Claire too at Lisa's house. After all, I still had Fuzzy. On the way to Lisa's house I noticed how cool the sunset looked and had to take a picture. And so there would be no hand-off tonight and I actually get some early ME-TIME instead. I made myself some nice mushroom chicken over rice for dinner. And watched TV until I knocked off for bed. I don't want to say I have unhealthy TV viewing habits when Johnnie isn't here but... What I ended up doing was watching the RAMS on Amazon Prime and ended up watching one of the greatest comeback stories of the NFL season. Rams vs Raiders, 2 teams that won't be in the play-offs this year. But the Rams had no one because everyone was injured. So much so they had to pick up Baker Mayfield on waivers from Cleveland. Baker Mayfield? The guy ends up driving the team 98 yards with no timeouts, barely even sniffing the playbook for a couple of hours. And leads the Rams to a come-from-behind win. A cool story even if you didn't like Mayfield. or didn't like football. You couldn't have scripted this if this were a movie. And it was amazing to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment