Thursday, September 15, 2022

Enjoying Moments

You hear it all the time: It's about the journey not the destination. It's about the process, not the result. And then we all get caught up in either or both journey AND destination that we forget to appreciate it all. That was what I tried to remind Lisa of at dinner last night. And somehow the message made its way back... to ME. And the day flowed almost effortlessly well and nothing due to anything I did I don't think. First off, this morning's ride to our routine breakfast pick-up and then on to school was different. Today we shed Johnnie's car seat in favor of a booster. Definitely a time marker, or maybe more of a growth marker. After all, I've only had a car seat in any car I've driven for almost 8 years. So this is a moment to remember for emotional sentimental saps such as myself. Anyway I only had one meeting this morning as opposed to the typical full morning slate. And so like last week I actually had a quiet morning. And even my IS Team Meeting was very smooth, so much so it felt like all the stuff we talked about at the beginning of the week flowed and things were progressing well. I don't know what made me walk to Trader Joe's this morning other than to pick up some chana masala AND some chicken strips for later. I was thinking I'd make Johnnie some home made chicken strips and see how he liked it, encouraged by how much of it he ate last Monday night at Lisa's. And so I got my step count up and active minutes too while doing some shopping. Uncharacteristic for a Thursday morning, but it was nice to walk outside and enjoy the sun since it had not gotten really hot just yet. And as far as the lunch I made, pic posted shows that it turned out pretty good at that: shrimp with bok choy over chana masala and rice. Awesome. And I was pretty full. If I didn't have a good night's sleep last night for the second night in a row, I'd probably be napping the afternoon away, instead of watching SHE HULK and my usual assortment of Youtube healing audios. I'm thinking that is what had been making me tired the last couple of nights. My body was simply healing. For sure it was a little sore this morning from the gym yesterday. And that is a very good thing. And so the afternoon went by quickly. I did have a date lined up with Candace later on in the evening and I was still thinking about how to drop Johnnie off at Lisa's to make the date. I went as far as making a reservation at a fish house in Redondo Beach. And then Candace took care of the problem for me. She decided to call off the date and reschedule it for the weekend. I was not at all disappointed. What does it say that I am more relieved that I didn't have to rush anything and get down to Redondo Beach by 7 PM? Instead I get Johnnie in the hot tub like I promised, and look at him in the pic with his computer. Johnnie in the hot tub playing Prodigy math games. I certainly did NOT have that when I was a kid! I was all set to simply let Lisa pick him up tonight. I had even called her at 7 PM to check where she was (hey she was at home sleeping last week when I called wasn't she?). Not even 5 minutes after I hung up did I get a call from Jorge. He was across town and asked if we could go to dinner. That threw me for a loop a bit since I was all set to simply let Johnnie get picked up and chill the rest of the evening away. But of course I agreed to go. I had HAD the rest of the chicken strips for dinner already but maybe I could have some ramen was my thinking. And so Jorge came and we drove to Sawtelle, and to make a long story short, I had Lisa come pick up Johnnie and the dog right there while we were waiting to get seated. Except that the universe tested my patience yet again. The Daikokuya ramen place was full. It took almost an hour before we got seated at a table. I was so impatient and cranky. But we did get the table, and the bottom line was that Johnnie, Lisa and the dog even joined us. And so quite spontaneously we had another dinner night out and with Jorge joining us to boot, AND he even picked up the tab. How can you not be grateful about all that? The day had lots of moments and I enjoyed them all, one test that I didn't feel like I passed but it still managed to end up well in the end. It was a very nice Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment