Saturday, October 22, 2022

Brooklyn's Party

I should have realized things would be different today. Lisa had a CE class all day and so on her Saturday off, I end up with Johnnie anyway. Not only do I end up with him, today is also Brooklyn's birthday party and of course there was no way Johnnie was going to miss that. From the moment he woke up today Johnnie was already way different from the last 10 days. Maybe there really was something to the Johnnie that was whining about being sick a week ago, or before we went to Disneyland, or last Monday or even yesterday morning. That was all when Silvia, Gayane, and Cecille were here. I don't want to say Johnnie was acting out, but it was like a whole different Johnnie already today. To say he was back to his joking-all-the-time, happy, mischievous, bouncy self was an understatement. We both got cleaned up and then first went to Elysee, where that smile of his got him free cookies, then Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's, really to pick up groceries for Lisa, and then finally off we went to Brooklyn's. Her party started at 11 AM and we got there at 11:10. There were no less than 5 people from Johnnie's class: Penelope and her brother Oliver, Caleb, Frankie, later on James, and of course Brooklyn. I actually got to talk to all the parents and got to know Penelope and Oliver's parents better, and also James' parents. So I turned on my SOCIAL mode and ended up staying until 4:30. Yep, pretty much the entire afternoon. And then when we left, I treated Johnnie to Ginger's ice cream because I didn't feel like he ate enough. That's because he played practically the entire afternoon. Yep, not the listless Johnnie from a week ago for sure. I will let the pictures tell the story of the day. It was a good day. And after Johnnie's party, Disneyland last week, and all the activities with Silvia and Cecille, I was glad today marked the last activity for a week. Until I have to go to Vegas for FOM/IT. Halloween that day too I might add. Been quite the past few weeks to be sure...








No comments:

Post a Comment