Thursday, October 27, 2022

Back to Eezy

I was totally immersed in my persona as a Mar Vista Elementary School dad this morning. Not just because I dropped Johnnie off to his class line like I always do. The school was abuzz with activity in preparation for the Big Boo Halloween festivities this coming weekend. Even Johnnie wanted to volunteer to help with the many prep activities going on. For me I purchased tickets for Johnnie for Saturday for the rides and games and stuff. And then picked up an I HEART MAR Vista yard sign. Now where am I going to put up a yard sign? Answer? My backyard patio, attached to a broom. See the pic with Johnnie standing next to it. Yep, that's me Mar Vista dad. So anyway, it's a Thursday and I had a bunch of meetings today like I always do most Thursday mornings anymore. Still, even with all the meetings, the morning felt effortless. And even my one-on-one meeting with my boss Dennis, got done inside of 10 minutes. And so when I got done with all those meetings, I turned my attention to lunch. I didn't just make a quick lunch today. I made shrimp with chickpea masala over rice. And I had lots of shrimp too. It made for a really big and filling lunch! I ate so much that I swear if I didn't have such good sleep last night (almost 8 FULL hours!) I would have tanked off right after very easily. Instead I did have one more meeting to do, which was a software demo that I knew I wouldn't be able to push quickly and so immediately I had to set expectations. I'm looking. Very much interested, but I have to convince my Management to look first and then we can talk seriously. Already I'm in the middle of 3 going on 4 implementations and I am concerned that I am stretched a wee bit too thin. And let's not forget I still have to finalize my talk for Monday's conference. I haven't done that mentally yet. I don't think I need to make changes, but just to be sure, I wanted to go over the presentation once over for the last time until the weekend. 
Still, the day felt easy. Even my steps felt easy. As in I was already at 60 active minutes at 6500 steps by the early afternoon. As I said, even the continuing pings from work were things I easily rolled off my shoulders. Before I knew it it was already time to pick up Johnnie. Meaning it was 4 PM. I had been picking him up earlier than usual simply because he kept commenting about how bored he sometimes gets in STAR. I thought it was because the kids he usually plays with all get picked up early too and so I followed suit. Besides, he had Spanish class today and today his teacher had a pretty good session. He was to draw monsters (monstros). After all, it IS Halloween time right? But he was given directions in Spanish with colors and parts of the body and numbers of said parts of the body. It was very cool to listen to them simply because Johnnie understood all the instructions. Every word. All in Spanish! HEY, it has sunk in! And he got to do one of his favorite activities which is to draw. In the meantime, while he did his class, I made him his favorite chicken breast tenders and rice dish. I don't quite get it looking like Lisa's but I thought it was good enough. As for me, I had salmon in the freezer that I cooked up. And so it was that I cooked a lot today. And when you do that the only thing I didn't enjoy so much was all the dishes you have to wash afterwards. Fortunately, not like Lisa who has to use all these pots and pans and measuring stuff. But Johnnie enjoyed his dinner. And surprise of all surprises, we actually got a call from Lisa at 6 PM that she was ready to pick up Johnnie and Claire! HOW SURPRISING WAS THAT?! And she was in a good mood too. HOW RARE is that?! And so it was that I got some ME TIME much MUCH earlier than usual today. I ended up watching TALES OF THE JEDI. And watched TOP GUN MAVERICK again. Don't know why really. It was just queued up because Johnnie was watching TROLLS WORLD TOUR. And so it was an eezy-peezy day. With just a Friday left with nothing on my schedule. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment