Saturday, November 26, 2022

Me Time

Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and I had no plans. Or at least I didn't have to do anything today, which meant it automatically defaults to ME time. A little R&R and a little peace, quiet, and harmony for my body and soul. After this week it's not like it's an urgent need, but the fact that I had a hair trigger with Johnnie yesterday, if just for a few minutes and the fact that I felt a bit antsy this morning meant a little downtime was exactly what I needed. Not that I needed any reminders that there were lots happening in the external world. I only needed to focus on my external surroundings in the morning. That would be the apartments across the street filled with shouts and screams, but synchronized with the Mexico-Argentina World cup soccer match. Yes it was a full-on sports weekend. Already yesterday the US and England fought to a draw. That would be like a win for the US anytime it draws with a European powerhouse. And of course UCLA concluded its regular football season ekeing out a win against CAL to imporve to 9-3 which was better than last year even. Except... they would be in the playoff hunt had they evaded an upset loss to Arizona and then that squeaker against USC. Sigh. It was a good season, but oh could it have been even better! Now USC is the one playing for the playoffs in another rivalry game with Notre Dame and then more shrieks and shouts from somewhere in my building this time coinciding with whatever was going on with the Ohi0 St - Michigan football game.  Of course these days I don't even have access to any of these games, not on TV anyway, not since I pulled the plug on Spectrum Cable. And I don't think I've lost any quality of life anyway. I just spend more time on Youtube is all LOL. 
And speaking of which I did have lots of Youtube video views today, though they were interspersed with other activities in the afternoon. I did have it in my mind that I was going to clean my house today. 
And so I even left my breakfast cooking stuff in the kitchen and didn't wash a thing, just so I could start with the bathroom and the toilet. And while I was doing that I let loose with the robot vacuum in the living room AND started with the laundry. I guess all of a sudden it turned into cleanup day though I saw it as no different from any other Saturday that I didn't have Johnnie. I also did grocery shopping too though not until way way later. I had plenty of food at home, with half of a huge turkey breast still in the fridge. I also thought I would work on the distraction thing by finishing at least one course of action, or course of training that I had purchased in the last few months. I have all this great information but I have yet to hone them into a systematic action, or at least one that I do consistently. I note that even the audios I listen to for sleep tend to change every few nights or so. Even though the main takeaway from today is still to work on the other-than-conscious self and do the inner work, the internal work while keeping an eye on the resistance levels that come up in different places. And so it was that even though I didn't feel like I did much today, which would have been just fine actually, I did manage to clean most of the apartment, bedroom included. I managed to do most of the laundry, and I managed to do my grocery shopping while making myself a pizza for dinner. Yes, even the turkey that was still a full trayful in the fridge was getting tiresome to eat. Ok OK I did do some frivolous things too, like watch a bunch of episodes of Warrior Nun on Netflix. And I did manage 10000+ steps and I noted I was already beyond 560 active minutes and it's only Saturday. And I did get to enjoy a whole bunch of retro music for my Saturday evening. Nothing like good old Earth, Wind, and Fire. And Jokoy clips to for laughs. Yes it was a quiet Saturday. I'm not complaining one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment