Thursday, November 3, 2022

Johnnie Writing workshop

Today I blew off the Roadshow TownHall in Hollywood. 2nd time I am doing a NO-SHOW this week. But on Monday I had announced it well ahead of time. This morning, I asked Lainie to pinch hit for me as late as yesterday. That was because I decided I was not going to miss Johnnie's class presentation for his writing workshop. Some things are simply more important than others. And this was something I decided I was not going to miss. When I walked in there and saw the kid's faces as they saw their parents, you could see how very excited they were. I simply was NOT going to let Johnnie present without either one of his parents here. And although Lisa said she was going to go and I had every confidence she was coming, I was not going to leave to chance, or any other circumstance that Lisa was going to encounter. And I was so glad that I did. For one thing, Johnnie was very confident up there when he talked about how he used punctuation on his sentences. When he spoke he had his left hand in his pocket so nonchalantly LOL.  You're supposed to pick a subject you're passionate about. i think with Johnnie, it was more about the checklist than anything because he sure had THAT on the ready. Needless to say I was very proud of him. Dad had his day last MOnday, Johnnie had his day today. And we both did VERY VERY WELL! Actually, all the kids did great and I was pretty sure all the other parents had the same feeling of pride as well. It is ALWAYS a treat getting to go inside the classroom and for just a little while, get a little glimpse of the goings-on in Johnnie's day. It was also yet another day Lisa and I got to show up together as Johnnie's parents. I was wondering if there were any other kids with divorced parents. I'm sure there are. The difference is that when it was all done, Lisa and I went our separate ways. My calendar was pretty clear for the rest of the day except for another staff meeting on Alternative Work Week, but I already know what I need to know for that one. I just showed up to support my teams. Anyway this being a Thursday, it was a Johnnie Spanish class day, and then Lisa was supposed to pick up Johnnie early so they could play soccer. Lisa must have remembered that back in the day it was I that helped her train when we were still living in Lindbrook, I remember helping her sprint in the cold when she was not in shape for her soccer games. Now it's Johnnie helping her LOL. Anyway I picked him up from school, got his through Spanish class and made him some of my best chicken. It was almost fried actually but it turned out pretty good. So much so Johnnie put away almost an entire chicken breast and rice. AND Lisa even came and got him pretty early. As in 6 PM pretty early. Which got me an early start to my ME time tonight. I finished my steps, and just watched TV the rest of the night until I fell asleep. Hey I have had a pretty busy start of the week. I could use some down time. Or do-nothing time. Especially since I'm right back to Town Hall tomorrow at our Echo Park location so I have to be up early. sigh. Oh well... Try again next week.
The rest of the day was pretty anti-climactic really. Lundh at Bristol Farms Play del Rey, took the 105 all the way there and got there much much quicker. Shopping at Sprouts Culver City afterwards. The Rams lost on a last minute drive from the GOAT. The Lakers held a halftime lead but lost that too. Man, how did the RAMS devolve so quickly? And the Lakers... somehow the championship of 2020 was now a distant memory? I brushed aside these thoughts and simply relaxed the rest of the day. Made myself that ground beef+spinach dish over rice I used to make for Lisa and I. Watched Enola Holmes 2, which was pretty good. Had to watch EH1 now because I forgot what it was all about. And that was that... end to my quiet weekend in November. Just went to show though.. I have lots of mental work to do..

No comments:

Post a Comment